The Millville Cultural Council gathers input from the community every three years and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year the Millville Cultural Council will give priority to: projects that support arts education and access for students to opportunities beyond what is available through the public school system; projects that serve families, youth and the elderly; projects that focus on Millville’s history and build pride in our town; and/or projects that encourage improved community involvement in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences.
In addition to the state criteria (public benefit, non-discrimination, no substitution, focus on arts/humanities/interpretive sciences), applications will be evaluated using the following:
- How well the program meets our local priorities;
- Community support and interest in the event or program;
- Evidence of the applicant’s track record and dedication to events in our town;
- Ability to secure an appropriate local venue that improves residents’ ability to participate;
- Demonstrated planning that involves local organization(s); and
- Financial need